My travel journal of my experience of both anthropology research and the visit of my family country in Eritrea

Tuesday, July 04, 2006

This just in....

My research is goin very well. I will explain why.

I had 2 Letter of Recommendations from the General Consulate of Eritrean in California addressed to the people of Ministry of Education and another one to National Union of Eritreans Youth Service.

I had the privilege of meeting the Director General of Ministry of Education (MoE), Ato. Petros Hailemariam, then he referred me to another one and i am meeting him later this afternoon, his name is Hailu Asafihu, Director Research of MoE who tends to the minority issues of education. I may get chance to meet more employees of that agency for the "Special Needs." I am in the process of making appointments with the Director Research of Ministry of Labour and Human Welfare. I will ask them few interviewing questions and hopefully, they will be okay to be videotaped. Wish me luck on that.

I am well-covered, and i am grateful to the person who helped to arrange my meetings and an assistant for me, is the Director of Central Labortary, Dr. Melles Seyoum. His wife is Tsigie, she works for the president Afwerki. Yes, i am very honored to be among these groups.

Best of all, I finally met the Deaf Eritreans, at the Eri-NAD. Weldezghi, Office Mananger of the Eri-NAD, gave me a great referrence list to contact to help to get the headstart with my research. Even better, he understands my research plan very well since he graduated with a degree in Linguistics and Literature! Fantastic group. He welcomes me to show up at their own research group of 15 professionals working on the dictionary on every Saturday! It is really looking well.

My next plan is to meet the professor and the Dean of Anthropology from the University of Asmara. I am indeed looking forward to meet my peers. ;) The best thing out of doing this exhilarating research is looking at their face finding out that i am DEAF University student from America showing a great interest in the Deaf Eritrean Community. Of course, they are my blood.

Peace with you all.

I apologize, i do not have a photo to upload today. Next time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home